Wynberg Girls’ Junior School is one of the leading schools in the Western Cape and promotes a stimulating educational curriculum that encourages self-learning and helps learners develop critical thinking skills. Our professionally trained teaching staff create a learner-centric environment that addresses the needs of diverse
learners. It seeks to provide a well-rounded education to future leaders, incorporating the pillars of academics, sport, culture and service.
We are looking to employ a principal who has an excellent track record in management and teaching at Junior School level, visionary leadership skills and the experience to manage day-to-day operations.
Applicants are sought with the following key requirements:
1) An ability to develop the strategic vision of the school by working closely with the Management team and SGB in the formulation and execution of the strategic priorities.
2) Capability of demonstrating core societal, professional, and educational values in their leadership style.
3) Proven track record demonstrating innovation, creativity, and visionary leadership.
4) The flexibility to enhance the blended learning experience using technology in an ever-changing environment.
5) Commitment to building a learning environment that embodies the values of WGJS namely proactiveness, awareness, resilience, persistence, reliability and respect.
6) Experience in performance management of all levels of employees, and leading appropriate staff development, thereby ensuring life-long learning.
7) An understanding of the dynamics of a single sex school.
8) Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
9) A growth mindset and ability to think critically in solving problems in a collaborative style.
10) Commercial acumen to ensure the financial sustainability of the school.
Only applications that meet the following requirements will be considered:
(1) A university degree and professional teaching qualification at GET level; and
(2) a minimum of at least seven years’ experience with leadership skills.
Expressions of interest, in the form of a covering letter, full curriculum vitae, and the contact details of three references, should be sent to [email protected] by 30 June 2021. The post will be advertised in the WCED vacancy list 2/2021 (https://wcedonline.westerncape.gov.za) on 7 June
2021 (closing date for applications is 30 June 2021). An official application must be submitted to the WCED at that time.
Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed, and invited to present on a prearranged topic to the selection panel. Potential candidates requiring
further information about the school may visit our website at www.wynberggirlsjunior.co.za, or contact the Chair of the School Governing Body at [email protected]
Note: Wynberg Girls’ Junior School is an equal opportunities employer. The school and the Western Cape Education Department reserve the right not to fill the post. An expression of interest or submission of a formal application will in itself not entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment, and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will automatically disqualify applicants from consideration. Only short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org