IOL has an exciting and challenging opportunity for a digital-savvy journalist as IOL’s Weekend Live Editor. The successful incumbent will be responsible for assisting with the planning, creation and management of quality online content for use on IOL and other platforms with a specific focus on weekends.
- Create, curate and aggregate engaging, error-free multimedia content for IOL and other platforms. ● Recommend strategies aimed at growing our online audience, brand and revenue over weekends. ● Manage a diary and production schedule geared towards producing breaking news, features and multimedia content with a specific focus on weekends.
- Ensure implementation of social media initiatives.
- Achieve and maintain quality of all content.
- Have a superior network of contacts.
- Project a positive image of IOL and its partners.
- Be willing to perform any other functions when required.
- Must have tertiary qualification in journalism or equivalent experience.
- Must be willing to work weekends.
- Must have at least 5 years experience in a newsroom environment.
- The ability to produce quality multimedia content.
- Must be social media savvy with sound knowledge of current trends.
- Must have a sharp news sense with good general knowledge.
- Must have a thorough understanding of issues affecting South Africa and the world. ● Must have the ability to make critical and valid news judgments.
- Must have a good knowledge of the legalities affecting journalism.
- Must understand the statistics and data used in a digital newsroom.
- Must have basic knowledge of SEO.
- The ability to cope with the constant pressure of strict deadlines.
- The ability to generate ideas and to be innovative.
- An excellent command of English.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Be willing and flexible to work long, irregular and unpredictable hours.
- Planning and organisational skills.
IOL is committed to its Employment Equity and Affirmative Action plans.
All interested and suitably qualified applicants should submit a written application and detailed CV by no later than 16h30 on Friday, 23rd April 2021 to: [email protected]
If you have not heard from us within two weeks from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
To apply for this job please visit corporateservice.co.za .