Volt Africa has an exciting and challenging position for a dynamic Senior Web Developer will be responsible for developing websites in an agile environment for major digital brands in the media industry.
- 4-8 years hands on development experience
- MySQL (PHPMyAdmin)
- API integration
- Post requests (PHP, HTTP, Ajax)
- CMS Platforms
Knowledge, experience and skill
- Postgraduate degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Digital Design (Web Development) or equivalent preferred.
- Internet and digital media literacy are required to be at a very high level, this is not a junior, trainee nor an internship position, and as such, two to four years of experience in this field is required.
- Must have a solid track record and working examples of similar long-term projects and integrations
- Empathy for customer service and a deadline-driven personality are a must
- Ability to work as part of a larger team consisting of production, branding and development specialists will be required, and as such, a general understanding of the industry will be questioned and tested.
- Familiarity with CSS pre-processors like Sass and LESS
- Good understanding of GIT or other version control software
- Web builds on CMS Platforms
- Agile & Test Driven Development experience
- Familiarity with good SEO practises
- Progressive Web App concepts
- A relevant portfolio of work
- Testing and debugging
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to pick up new technologies easily
- Attention to detail
- Delivery focused
- Able to work in projects (multi-task) environment
- Flexible – responsive to change
- Ability to interact with clients at a systems analysis level preferable
- Leadership skills to manage and mentor mid and junior developers
Volt is committed to its Employment Equity and Affirmative Action strategy.
All interested and suitably qualified applicants should submit a written application and detailed CV no later than 31 May 2021 to:
Human Resources Department
P O BOX 56
Email: [email protected]
If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com