Bible Society of South Africa
The Bible Society of South Africa’s (BSSA) mission is to provide affordable Bibles for everyone, in their own language and in suitable formats, so that all may experience the life-giving message of the Word.
Bible Society of South Africa (BSSA) requires a committed Christian as SALES TEAM LEADER at our Bellville office. The successful incumbent is responsible for the development, execution and effective management of the sales strategies based on thorough market research and analysis, in line with the Bible Society’s business plan.
- A desire to further the Christian message through the work of the BSSA
- Complete alignment with the BSSA values of Integrity, Trust, Respect, Service and Accountability
- An energetic, disciplined, proactive, reliable and target driven person
- Development of sales strategy aligned with overall business strategy
- Professional and ethical management of corporate partnerships
- Increased sales and revenue
- Awareness of industry and market trends
- Quality customer service
- Driver’s license & proven own reliable transport
- Prepared to spend time away from the office
- We offer a competitive remuneration package
Qualifications and experience required
- Relevant tertiary level qualification in sales or business will be advantageous.
- At least 3-5 years’ relevant experience in a similar role
- Management experience and well-established knowledge of management principles and best practices
- Insight with regard to the functioning of business enterprises
- Development of sales strategies and implementation of strategic plans
- Excellent communication skills, fully bilingual (English and Afrikaans)
- Exceptional numeric-, analytic-, problem solving- and strategic capabilities
- Strong (background) knowledge of online sales environment, CRM, as well as sales and market trends analytics
- Knowledge of South Africa’s church and cultural environments
- Emotional Quotient
- Customer focus
- Multitasking ability
- Ability to interpret and analyse data
- Ability to build and maintain interpersonal relationships
- Gaining commitment – strong persuasive orientation
- Decision making
- Initiating action
- Creative thinking
- Business acumen
- Energy and drive
- Digital skills
- Strong computer skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Well-developed negotiation
- Selling skills
- Analytical & financial acumen
- Entrepreneurial aptitude
- Excellent organisational skills.
BSSA operates with a hybrid approach to working from the office and from home. Please note that this position is based in our Cape Town Head Office (Tygervalley). If you are interested in the exciting and challenging post, please contact the Human Resources Department at Bible Society of South Africa, Trusuna Bauermeister or email: [email protected]
Commencement of duties: As soon as possible
Only selected candidates will be invited for a personal interview within a month after closing date. Please include your salary expectation, the company offers a market related remuneration package.
Applications close 10 November 2023.